Monday, March 6, 2017

You Are The Twinkle In My Eyes * My Creative Scrapbook *

I'm back today with my second layout using the March Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook. Though this kit is full of beautiful pinks and golds, I chose to highlight the browns in this kit to showcase a photo of my honey (with just a touch of pink thrown in for a pop of colour). The photo was taken on our 10 year anniversary trip to New York City.


I started by adding stencilling to the background using the stencil included in the kit and Distress Ink in Rusty Hinges and Peacock Feathers. I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.


Next, I added layers of corrugated cardboard and papers from the kit, distressing them with gesso and Distress Ink as befits a manly layout.


I cut one of the Blue Fern Studios chipboard corners included in the kit into two, and heavily distressed them with Rust Paste and gesso before tucking them under my photo.


I also dabbed gesso on the pieces of Prima chipboard tucked in under my photo (I cut each of the pieces in half to save the rest for other projects).


I fussy cut my title from the 2 The Moon and Back paper.


These 49 and Market flowers are some of my new favourites. I love all the greenery included in the packages!

Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to check out all 4 March My Creative Scrapbook kits in the store, and be sure to check out the blog daily for inspiration and tutorials from the Design Team.



No comments: